Nancy Quinn, artistic director of Young Playwrights, a program dedicated to developing young writers, died April 24 of a heart attack at her home in Brooklyn.Born in Salinas, Calif., and raised in Larchmont, N.Y., Quinn, 46, began her career as an assistant to Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Charles Gordone. She joined Young Playwrights as a producing director in 1987 and later became artistic director. She oversaw the group’s annual Young Playwrights Festival, which features the work of playwrights. At the time of her death she was working with Helios Prods. to develop a series of “Schoolbreak Specials” written by Young Playwrights Festival alumni for CBS Television. Quinn is survived by her husband, Paul King; mother, Kathleen Quinn; a sister and a brother.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut