HYANNIS, Mass.–Joseph Anthony, an actor and director who once had four hits on Broadway simultaneously, died Jan. 20.He was 80. In 1960 and 1961, he opened Gore Vidal’s “The Best Man” and “Under the Yum-Yum Tree,” Eugene Ionesco’s “Rhinoceros” and Jean Kerr’s “Mary, Mary.” He directed several films, including “The Rainmaker” in 1956, “The Matchmaker” in 1958 and “Tomorrow” in 1972. Anthony also served on the board of the Screen Directors Guild, as president of the Society of Stage Directors & Choreographers, and as an officer for Actors’ Equity Assn.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut