John Beaird, a screenwriter, died Friday July 9 of unreported causes at Midway Hospital in Los Angeles.He was 40. Beaird’s feature film credits included “Baker County, U.S.A.,””My Bloody Valentine” and “Happy Birthday to Me.” He also scripted the CBS telefilm “North Beach and Rawhide.” He is survived by his parents, Ben and Ann Beaird; two sisters and two nieces. His life partner of 14 years was producer Matthew Rushton. Services will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 7501 Hollywood Blvd. In lieu of flowers, family requests donations be sent to SEARCH Alliance AIDS Research, 7461 Beverly Blvd. No. 304, L.A. 90036.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut