Donald Kvares, a playwright, died May 4 of complications from diabetes.He was 57. Kvares, who began his career in New York during the early days of the off-off-Broadway movement, had many of his works produced at the Cafe Cino and La Mama Experimental Theater in New York City. In 1985, when two of his one-act plays bowed at the Sargent Theater on West 54th Street, Kvares declared that it was his 100th production in New York. Kvares’s play “Smoking Pistols” won the Samuel French/Double Image award, and his “Doctor’s Office Disco” garnered a New York Drama League award. Survived by a sister.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut