Production executive Dirk Petersmann died June 13 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 48.Petersmann served as associate producer and unit production manager on the MGM/Pathe feature “Company Business” and later worked as unit production manager on “Ghost,””Red Heat” and “Terminator II: Judgment Day.” He then segued to Warner Bros., where he served as VP of feature production. At the time of his death, he was line producer on the Universal feature “Heart & Souls,” which will be released in August. A native of Germany, he came to the U.S. on a Fulbright grant and studied at Cornell U. He later received a master’s degree in journalism from Columbia U. Survived by his wife, Sabra. A memorial service is planned for July. In lieu of flowers, family suggests donations to Dedication and Everlasting Love to Animals (DELTA), P.O. Box 9, Glendale, 91209.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut