David Kraft, news director of KTLA’s “News at 10,” died June 24 after a long battle with Crohn’s disease. Kraft, 35, had been afflicted with the disease since he was 10.The San Diego native, raised and educated in Bakersfield, became the news director of a Bakersfield TV station and by age 23 had joined KTLA-TV as news director. Kraft was an authority in film music and his features on the topic appeared in Movieline, The Hollywood Reporter and Daily Variety. Survived by his parents and a brother, Richard, a film music agent. Services will be held Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the 20th Century Fox scoring stage. In lieu of flowers, family suggests donations to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, (213) 935-4673.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut