David Kraft, news director of KTLA’s “News at 10,” died June 24 of Crohn’s disease. Kraft, who had battled the disease since he was 10, was 35.Kraft, a San Diego native raised and educated in Bakersfield, became the news director of a local Bakersfield TV station while barely in his 20s and by age 23 had joined KTLA-TV as news director. Kraft was a leading authority in film music and his features on the topic appeared in Movieline, the Hollywood Reporter and Daily Variety. Survived by his parents and a brother, Richard, a film music agent. Services will be held Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at the 20th Century Fox scoring stage. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, (213) 935-4673.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut