In another sign that New Line is ramping up its TV division, Laura Gerson, a story editor at New Line Prods. in New York for the last two years, has moved over to New Line Television as director of production and development/West Coast.Gerson, who reports to Sasha Emerson, New Line Television’s senior VP of production and development, will be involved in the creation, development and production of long-form programming, series and specials for all network, cable and ancillary television markets. Emerson said Gerson’s expertise in the film area made her a strong candidate for the post. “Laura’s skills in feature film development and the fact that her relationships with agents and managers are very, very strong are a tremendous asset to New Line Television,” Emerson said. “It will enable us to increase our already substantial activity in television and production.” New Line Television is currently in production with Fox West and Chanticleer Films for Fox Night at the Movies on “12:01,” directed by Jack Sholder and starring Jonathan Silverman, Helen Slater and Martin Landau. While working as New Line Prods.’ story editor, Gerson helped develop numerous feature film projects and also assisted in managing a number of New Line’s development deals, including those with producer Suzanne de Passe and the producing duo of George Romero and Peter Grunwald. Before joining New Line, Gerson was a junior analyst of media companies at First Boston, N.Y.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut