Joseph F. Barletta, a veteran media executive, was named Thursday as president and chief executive of TV Guide.Barletta succeeds Joseph W. Cece as president of the magazine. The chief executive position is a new one. Cece was named last month to an executive post at TV Guide’s parent, News America Publishing Inc., with responsibility for developing an electronic version of TV Guide and to help in evaluating new business opportunities. News America is the U.S. arm of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Ltd. Barletta had been senior VP and chief operating officer at Thomson Newspapers Corp. Before that, he held posts at Freedom Newspapers Inc., Tribune Co., San Francisco Newspaper Agency and Dow Jones & Co.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut