Paul Russell, chairman of Sony Music Entertainment U.K., has been upped to the new post of president, Europe Sony Music Entertainment.Appointment reflects growing importance of the European music market, now “the single largest territory in the world,” said Sony Music Intl. prez Mel Ilberman. “The global music market is undergoing important changes, and will continue to do so. Europe’s role and influence in future as a source of talent…will be enormous.” Paul Burger, currently prexy of Sony Music Canada, will take Russell’s place as chairman/CEO of SME U.K., and will report to him, as will the heads of Sony Music’s subsids in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, and Richard Denekamp, senior VP, European region.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut