The National Music Publishers Assn. is throwing a bash for Congress May 11 to celebrate passage of last year’s Audio Home Recording Act.The bill creates a royalty payment system for musicians, publishers and diskeries to compensate for home taping losses through the sale of blank tapes and digital audio recording devices. Performers and songwriters skedded to attend the event at the Hart Senate Office Building are Jerry Lieber & Mike Stoller, Hal David, George David Weiss and Julie Gold.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut