Grammy Award winner k.d. lang will produce and write the soundtrack music for Fine Line Features’ “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues,” the Gus Van Sant film based on the Tom Robbins novel starring Uma Thurman, Roseanne Arnold, Ed Begley Jr. and Keanu Reeves.In addition, Fine Line’s president Ira Deutchman announced that in order to accommodate lang’s participation, the film’s release has been pushed back from its original late-summer opening to a fall release. “Lang is perfect for this movie,” Deutchman said. “Her work on the soundtrack will make it well worth the wait.” According to Deutchman, creative discussions between Van Sant and lang are currently under way concerning specific titles, compositions and the possibility of enlisting additional performers to work on the soundtrack.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California