Grammy Award winner k.d. lang will produce and write the soundtrack music for Fine Line Features’ “Even Cowgirls Get the Blues,” the Gus Van Sant film based on the Tom Robbins novel starring Uma Thurman, Roseanne Arnold, Ed Begley Jr. and Keanu Reeves.In addition, Fine Line’s president Ira Deutchman announced that in order to accommodate lang’s participation, the film’s release has been pushed back from its original late-summer opening to a fall release. “Lang is perfect for this movie,” Deutchman said. “Her work on the soundtrack will make it well worth the wait.” According to Deutchman, creative discussions between Van Sant and lang are currently under way concerning specific titles, compositions and the possibility of enlisting additional performers to work on the soundtrack.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California