The inaugural Intl. Music Market (IMM) will be held in Singapore June 21-23, giving the Western music industry its first access to an Asian-orientated market.An initiative of U.K. marketing company EMS, IMM seeks to tap into the vast Asian market. “Up to now there hasn’t been a viable Asian music marketplace, Midem being a costly option,” says Phil Tripp of Aussie PR company Immedia!, which is handling IMM’s Asian registrations and marketing. There will be strong emphasis on piracy, with IFPI execs Lisa Gordon, Nick Garnett and David Fine all attending. Other seminars will look at marketing and exporting to Asia, production, and business affairs. Around 500 delegates are expected to attend. IMM will also act as a talent showcase. One confirmed act is MCA’s hit Japanese singer Mari Hamada.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut