Scotland Yard has reopened the investigation of the death of rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix, 23 years after he apparently overdosed on drugs.
The attorney general’s office said it sought the inquiry following a request from an individual, whom it would not identify, for a new investigation.
The original inquest recorded an open verdict, meaning there was insufficient evidence of the cause of death. A pathologist concluded that Hendrix choked to death after drinking and taking an overdose of barbiturates.
Hendrix died in London on Sept. 18, 1970.