The launch of music video channel Viva is now skedded for Dec. 24 in Germany , the recording industry’s third-largest market, but with a greatly reduced budget than previously announced.The annual budget for the channel, in which Warner, Sony, Thorn EMI and Polygram hold 19.8% stakes, has dropped to $ 20 million from $ 58.5 million. A series of 50-minute vid loops will go on the air in early December and be replaced by live VJs for the Christmas Eve bow. Programming will be similar to MTV Europe, but hosting will be in German and there will be more German videos.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut