The Society of Composers & Lyricists raised an estimated $ 5,000 to support music education in Los Angeles-area schools at a star-studded reception Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl.Among those turning out for the event, held at the Bowl Museum, were film composers Elmer Bernstein, David Raksin, Leonard Rosenman, Basil Poledouris and Bruce Broughton. The event was held on the final nightof Hollywood Bowl Orchestra conductor John Mauceri’s annual movie music festival. The SCL, an org comprised of composers and lyricists active in film and TV scoring, held the reception to benefit the L.A. Community Coalition for Music Education.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut