Veteran financial executive Neil McCarthy unexpectedly resigned his position Thursday with Capitol Records, three months after coming aboard.McCarthy, who was named an executive VP at Capitol in February after stints at Orion Pictures and the Walt Disney Co., was responsible for the label’s business affairs, finance and administration/operations departments. He was widely viewed as EMI Records Group North America chairman Charles Koppelman’s eye on the label’s financial scene. His departure should solidify the stature of fellow Capitol VP Art Jaeger, who had exclusive responsibility for financial affairs before McCarthy’s arrival. McCarthy was in New York and could not be reached for comment. An EMI spokesman confirmed the resignation but offered no further comment.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut