Atlantic Records has pacted for promotion, marketing and distribution on select releases from New York independent label Matador Records.Under terms of the agreement, Matador will continue to release recordings through independent channels as well. The highly sought-after Matador has released recordings by such bands as Pavement, Superchunk and Teenage Fanclub, among others. Matador label head Gerard Cosloy said the deal allowed his label to maintain creative autonomy. Deal is the latest in a series of ambitious pacts between Atlantic and cutting-edge labels. Previously, the company has affiliated with Mammoth, Delicious Vinyl, Anxious and Big Beat Records, and has established ties with Rhino Records for marketing of the company’s back catalog.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut