The Video Software Dealers Assn. has taken the first step toward permanent relocation to L.A. by establishing offices this week in Westlake Village. The org, until now based in New Jersey, hopes to have a permanent base set up by October.“We wanted to be closer to the entertainment industry,” said VSDA spokesman Bob Finlayson. “It makes more sense to be out here where we can work closely with the members of our industry.” The not-for-profit organization counts among its members homevideo arms of the major studios, as well as large video retail chains such as Blockbuster. Thousands of mom-and-pop video stores also comprise its ranks. The VSDA will operate both offices for a few months. Its local telephone number is (818) 889-7148.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut