The Hollywood Canteen Foundation’s board of trustees has allocated $ 147,000 to be divided among 30 veterans’ community services, hospitals, educational, health care and research facilities in Southern California, it was announced by board president Lew Wasserman.In addition, the Jules and Doris Stein Foundation is matching most of the contributions made by the Canteen committee, raising the total amount to $ 297, 000. The fund, which was established in 1945 with $ 425,000, has in 42 years distributed approximately $ 2.5 million. Wasserman said the current balance, after this year’s $ 147,000 is distributed, will be nearly $ 1.64 million. Board members of the Hollywood Canteen Associates are: John te Groen, William K. Hoard, Sherman Jones, Gerald Oppenheimer, Michael J. Roley, Arthur N. Ryan, Herb Steinberg and Wasserman.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania