Stephane Sperry has re-joined Gallic pay-TV giant Canal Plus in a move that could herald increased rights-buying activity by the web.Sperry, who set up the Canal Plus TV production subsid Ellipse Programme in 1987 and left the company in 1990, has most recently been president of Alliance Intl. Although his exact title at Canal Plus is still undetermined, Sperry told Daily Variety that he will be in charge of acquisitions at the web’s rights division Canal Plus D.A. “I’ll be aiming to build up a substantial catalogue,” he said. Sperry added that further appointments will be made at Canal Plus D.A. over the summer, and the management structure should be in place by September.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut