Rysher TPE has given a production go-ahead to “Home Videos of the Stars,” a half-hour weekly series cleared on 57 stations covering 70% of the U.S. Robin Leach hosts the show, which is offered on a barter basis.
* * *Paul Simon, Ray Charles and Bonnie Raitt will be among those performing on this Saturday’s two-hour Willie Nelson birthday special on CBS. Stanley M. Brooks and Mark Rothbaum are exec producers of the spec, produced by Paul Flattery and Brad Turell, former head of specials at Fox Broadcasting Co. The special marks Turell’s first outside project since leaving that post in February.
* * *Viacom Enterprises has cleared the MTV Movie Awards in syndication on 117 stations covering 90% of the U.S. The two-hour special is being offered on a barter basis with a June 18 to July 11 broadcast window, to follow its cablecast on June 9.
* * *Peter Faiman, director of “‘Crocodile’ Dundee” and “Dutch,” signed with just-formed Fox Circle Prods. to create and produce TV programming. Faiman, who also produced the Fox animated movie “FernGully … The Last Rain Forest,” began his career at Australia’s Nine network, where he worked with Fox Circle president David Evans.
* * *Mann Theatres has signed with Movie Tunes to add the services to its 2,200 movie theaters, expanding the reach of the fledgling movie marketing service. Movie Tunes was launched last August in 1,600 AMC Theatres nationwide. The service is a radio-formatted show that features DJ introductions for new releases. Such companies as EMI, Virgin, MCA, A&M, Hollywood, Capitol, Chrysalis , Motown and Arista have purchased slots on the service since its launch.
* * *Clint Miller has been named assistant executive director of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, coming in to assist Chamber exec director Leron Gubler. Miller will develop and coordinate special events and programs to raise funds for the Chamber. Among the events being planned is the “Taste of Hollywood,” a gourmet food and wine tasting festival tentatively slated for the fall.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more