The National Assn. of Broadcasters this week asked the FCC to issue a ruling preempting state and local laws that prevent consumers from using rooftop antennas to receive TV signals.The request was in part driven by retransmission-consent negotiations under way between broadcasters and cable operators. Under retrans, broadcasters have the option of withholding their signal from cable operators if the cabler is not willing to pay for the broadcast signal. Those broadcasters demanding cash from cablers are fearful that if the talks collapse and the TV signal is withheld, rooftop antennas may be the only means of delivering their signal.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut