Hollywood Boulevard is getting a $ 4.4 million facelift, officials said Wednesday.The idea is to pump new glamour into a rundown section of the famous boulevard. “They’re the first major improvements … since the Walk of Fame in the 1950s ,” said Walter Beaumont, a spokesman for the Community Redevelopment Agency’s Hollywood project office. “Nothing’s been done for 40 years, and it shows.” The six-month program will include repaving the street, putting in decorative sidewalks and new landscaping.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut