The Justice Dept. will review Bell Atlantic Corp.’s proposed acquisition of Tele-Communications Inc.Also, antitrust officials from the Federal Trade Commission and the Justice Dept., in a bit of horsetrading between the agencies, said the FTC will evaluate QVC Network’s bid to take over Paramount Communications. The FTC previously cleared Viacom Intl.’s bid for Paramount. The FTC and JD are responsible for studying proposed mergers to ensure that they don’t reduce competition to the point that the merged companies have the power to raise prices without fearing how competitors might respond. Decisions by Justice and FTC officials are weeks away.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut