Encouraged by recent Hollywood interest and lavish scenic films like Universal’s “Out of Africa” and Carolco’s “Mountains of the Moon,” Kenya wants a movie industry of its own. And soul music’s first family is willing to lend a hand. Jackson Communications Inc., represented by singing prexy Jermaine Jackson and the rest of the dynasty, heads a private investment consortium that plans to build a “fully equipped, state-of-the-art”$ 2 million studio on the outskirts of Nairobi, according to a company spokesperson.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California