Union members gave strong support to IATSE president Alfred DiTolla and his agenda Friday, re-electing all of his incumbents as the 61st convention of the Intl. Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees came to a close.Those re-elected included Thomas C. Short as general secretary-treasurer, and VPs Frank A. Hobbs, John J. Nolan, John J. Ryan, Edward C. Powell, Nick Long and Daniel J. Kerins. VPs Mike W. Proscia, Alan L. Cowley, Rudy N. Napoleone, Carmine Pallazzo and Jean Fox, along with Canadian Labour Council delegate Gus Bottas, ran unopposed. Fox is the first woman to serve in an IA VP post. International trustees granted new terms are Nels L. Hansen, Ada S. Philpot and Michael J. Sullivan. The most hotly contested race was to name the AFL-CIO delegates, with Nancy M. Bues and Stephen R. Flint elected. They ran against Liz Alvarez and Michael Bialac. DiTolla, who this year initiated a scaled-down contract for longform television production with NBC and continues a program to step-up organizing of production nationwide, ran uncontested for his fourth term as president of IA. Friday afternoon’s final gathering began with the naming of eight winners of the Intl. President’s Award for Outstanding Dedication to the Craft and the Union, and concluded with the installation of new and re-elected officers. President’s Award winners this year are Patricia Brannigan Doherty of Local 862, Eugene Kemmer of Local 18, Robert R. Corrigal of Local 300, John V. McNamee of Local 18, Bernice Rose of Locals 477 and 858, Robert P. McDonald of Local 1, John J. Coleman Jr. of Local 4, and Burt K. Ellis of Local 767.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut