ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The former in-house lawyer for Home Shopping Network Inc. claims in a lawsuit he was fired over attempts to disclose financial improprieties at the company.Former Home Shopping general counsel Allen P. Allweiss alleged in the lawsuit that company exex and others schemed to profit at the expense of shareholders. Lawsuit seeks nearly $ 1 million in HSN stock, stock options and $ 2 million in damages. Much of the lawsuit repeats recent allegations made by others, including charges in shareholder actions that Home Shopping improperly diverted money to Western Hemisphere Sales Inc., which is owned by the son of Home Shopping chairman Roy M. Speer.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut