An explosion at Baghdad’s Al-Rasheed Hotel, home in Iraq to many American and international journalists, killed two and injured 15 others following an attack by American and coalition forces on an Iraqi nuclear weapons facility outside the city.According to broadcast and wire reports, the lobby of the Al-Rasheed was wrecked. Outside the hotel, a crater 10 feet deep and 20 feet across marked the point of impact. The cause of the blast was unclear. CNN appeared to be the first with news of the attack, reporting the news at 1 :26 p.m. (ET) CBS followed less than a minute later and stayed on the air until 58 p.m. ABC and NBC followed.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut