Cox Broadcasting yesterday officially announced it has reached agreement in principle to acquire Keith Samples’ Rysher Entertainment.Though Cox Broadcasting prez Nick Trigony wouldn’t disclose how much money would change hands to acquire Rysher–with Cox board approval and due diligence expected to be completed within 60 days–he did say that Samples has a six-year employment contract under the deal. Samples pointed out that his 2-year-old company (which he said had gross revenues last year of $ 30 million) and Cox-owned Television Program Enterprises will account for four strips, nine weekly shows and some nine spex in 1993. Tragony said Samples will continue as Rysher president, based in Los Angeles, with TPE prexy-CEO Al Masini continuing to run the New York-based outfit.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut