The Joffrey Ballet will open its new season tomorrow with a full-length, full-company production inspired by the music of Prince.“Billboards,” conceived and directed by company artistic director Gerald Arpino, comprises four separate ballets and is choreographed for 13 songs, including and an 18-minute extended version of the “Diamonds and Pearls” track, “Thunder,” which Prince composed for the Joffrey. Ballet will preem tomorrow at University of Iowa’s Hancher Auditorium, followed by a national tour. No L.A. dates have been announced.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut