Warner Bros. has bought scripter Michael Wilson’s “Conrad Jones” for Amblin Entertainment, sources confirmed.The deal was negotiated by Creative Artists Agency’s Martin Spencer for his former CAA colleague Wilson. There is no talent attached to the picture, and Amblin’s Steven Spielberg will likely exec produce. Yarn resembles the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer project “Getting Even With Dad” to star McCauley Culkin. “Conrad Jones” centers on a 12-year-old boy, a Ferris Bueller-type huckster who tracks down his estranged father believing him to be a famous comedian. When youngster discovers dad is a two-bit comedian, he takes the situation in hand and propels his father to stand-up comedy fame.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut