The fifth Palm Springs Intl. Film Festival will open Jan. 6 with French comedy “Les Visiteurs” and close Jan. 15 with Michael Apted’s new thriller, “Blink.”“Les Visiteurs,” directed by Jean-Marie Poire and set to be released by Miramax in February, concerns a 12th-century knight transplanted to 20th-century France. “Blink,” which New Line will distrib Jan. 21, stars Aidan Quinn as a Chicago cop and Madeleine Stowe as a blind violinist. Overall, 114 films will be screened, including 23 in the Federico Fellini retrospective and several as part of the tribute to Sophia Loren, who will receive the Desert Palm Achievement Award at a dinner Jan. 8.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut