Robert Altman’s “Short Cuts” will be the curtain-raiser at the New York Film Festival Oct. 1.A representative for the producer/director confirmed the slotting of the picture, which will also unspool at the Venice Fest in September. It’s scheduled to open domestically in October via Fine Line. “Short Cuts,” based on a series of stories by the late Raymond Carver, was adapted for the screen by Altman and Frank Barhydt. The interlocking omnibus film features Tim Robbins, Lily Tomlin, Madeleine Stowe, Jack Lemmon, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Matthew Modine, Robert Downey Jr., Anne Archer, Lori Singer and Frances McDormand.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut