Writer/director John Sayles has been brought in to do a rewrite on Universal’s “The Mummy,” marking yet another go at the long-stalled project.Earlier this month Joe Dante, whose Renfield Prods. has a development deal with U, was set to develop and direct the project, an updated version based on U’s 1932 Boris Karloff vehicle. Renfield’s Mike Finnell will produce. The pic is in active development but has not yet been greenlighted.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut