RKO Pictures said Wednesday that it has entered into a development deal with Portman Entertainment for screenwriter Robin Chapman’s adaptation of novelist Brooke Astor’s “Last Blossom on the Plum Tree.”Under terms of the agreement, RKO will retain North American rights while Portman will retain most international rights. The deal follows this month’s RKO announcement of development plans for “Mata Hari,” with director Robert Altman and screenwriter David Williamson attached. RKO is headed by chairman Ted Hartley and vice chairman Dina Merrill, while the chief executive officer of Portman is Victor Glynn.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut