The Publicists Guild has announced nominees for this year’s film and TV publicity campaigns.In the film arena, the nominees are: Walt Disney Pictures Publicity Dept. /Buena Vista Pictures marketing for “Aladdin”; the Columbia Pictures Marketing Dept. for “A League of Their Own”; 20th Century Fox publicity dept. for “Home Alone 2”; Julian Myers PR for the Samuel Arkoff campaign; Warner Bros. publicity dept. for “Malcolm X”; Paramount Pictures publicity and Weissman/Angellotti PR for “Wayne’s World.” Departments and/or companies nominated for TV campaigns are Weissman/Angellotti PR, for the Academy of TV Arts & Sciences campaign; ABC-TV publicity dept./Rachel McCallister & Associates, for “The Jacksons”; CBS-TV publicity/Warner Bros. TV publicity dept., for “Murphy Brown”; CBS-TV publicity/Universal TV publicity/Mahoney Communications, for “Northern Exposure”; the Lippin Group for Witt, Thomas, Harris. Winners will be announced Friday at org’s 30th awards lunch at the Universal Sheraton Hotel.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut