Production commenced Wednesday on the Ray Liotta starrer “The Penal Colony,” a$ 22 million production being shot on Queensland’s Gold Coast, according to a press release.Campbell to helm ‘Colony’ The film is being helmed by Martin Campbell, executive produced by Jake Eberts and produced by Gale Anne Hurd. In a statement, Hurd said the decision to take the production to Queensland was made in part because “we needed the lush jungle landscape, the tropical rain forest, the sea and dramatic cliffs.” Director set for ‘Taking Liberty’ Beyond “The Penal Colony,” the Hurd-produced “Taking Liberty” moved one step closer to production at TriStar Pictures with a commitment from director Mick Jackson to helm the effects-driven pic.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut