Miramax Films has acquired all U.S. rights to the U.K.-Canada co-production “Camilla” in a deal inked at the American Film Market.A cross-generational female bonding story starring Jessica Tandy, Bridget Fonda and Elias Koteas, it begins filming April 12 in Toronto. Co-producer Simon Relph confirmed the sale. As with the company’s forthcoming “The Night We Never Met,” the new acquisition was made by Miramax with Sidney Kimmel of Jones Apparel. Brokered by Guy East and Nigel St. Clair of Majestic, Miramax Intl. also picked up rights for the picture in France. The international sales arm has also picked up new territories on the Edward Pressman production “The Crow” starring Brandon Lee. “Camilla,” directed by Deepa Mehta, is planned as a fall release.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut