MGM has a whopping $ 9 million offer out to superkid Macaulay Culkin to star in helmer Steven Deutsch’s “Getting Even With Dad,” sources confirmed yesterday.Culkin’s father and manager Kit Culkin reportedly is considering the offer, although nothing is signed. Script by Tom Parker and Jim Jennewein is about a smart young kid named Timmy who blackmails his con artist father into being a real dad. Pic is being produced by Katie Jacobs for MGM. The “Home Alone” star recently finished work on “The Pagemaster” for Turner Pictures and has just completed lensing “The Good Son” for 20th Century Fox. However, it is undoubtedly the ongoing domestic B.O. power of “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York” that prompted the mega-offer. After 94 days in release, the sequel has rung up $ 165,776,352 and last week Fox upped the 1,254 screens to 1, 291. Whether or not Culkin accepts, the sum is reportedly a record for both the actor and MGM. Sources differ on whether Culkin was paid $ 5 million or $ 6 million for “The Good Son.” Nonetheless, reports of Culkin demanding $ 8 million for his next feature role have circulated for the past several months. For MGM, the offer appears to be a pitch to get back into the big-budget film arena after several years of producing pix with a $ 15 million cap. MGM officials could not be reached for comment.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut