Warner Bros. will open 15 screens at two new multiplexes in Japan April 24 and 29.The first multiplex, with seven screens, lies within the metropolitan area of Tokyo. The second, with eight screens, is in Kishiwada outside Osaka. Over the next three years Warners and its local partner, a supermarket chain called Nichii, plan to build 25 to 30 multiplexes (Daily Variety, May 10, 1991). Warner Mycall, as the venture is called, will build most of the multiplexes within the latter’s shopping centers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut