Sumi Sevilla Haru has been elected president of the Assn. of Asian Pacific American Artists — an organization established to promote realistic images and balanced portrayals of Asian Pacific Americans. Haru is the performing arts coordinator for the City of Los Angeles’ Cultural Affairs Dept.In a statement, Haru said, “It is time for the AAPAA to take more forceful steps to create balance and access to employment opportunities both in front of and behind the cameras.”
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania