Unlike last year, when the Cannes Film Festival was bookended by two big American pictures, “Basic Instinct” and “Far and Away,” this year’s fest will open and close with French films.Slated as the opening night attraction is Cannes regular Andre Techine’s “Ma Saison Preferee” (My Favorite Season). Catherine Deneuve, in her first role since “Indochine,” and Daniel Auteuil topline in the drama about a family in southwest France caught in a public scandal. Alain Sarde produced in a joint venture with Le Studio Canal Plus. Closing the fest will be Philomene Esposito’s “Toxic Affair,” which is Isabelle Adjani’s first feature since “Camille Claudel” in 1989. Michel Seydoux produced. Entire Cannes lineup will be officially announced on Thursday.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut