French film producers demanded Thursday that European Community trade commissioner Sir Leon Brittan be replaced as a negotiator on audiovisual services in world trade talks.Brittan “is ready to accept the placing of European audiovisual under American tutelage,” the Union of Film producers said in a statement. Another group, Eurocinema, said that other commissioners should take charge. Meanwhile, as a new fight over shipping threatened to unravel accords on lowering global trade barriers, the two sides remained deadlocked over U.S. demands for reductions in protections for Europe’s movie and broadcasting industry.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut