Landmark Theatres is saluting “cinema’s tough-as-nails women” during its 16 -day Violent Femmes Film Festival beginning on Jan. 20 at the Nuart Theatre.The festival will screen such pix as “La Femme Nikita,””Blue Steel,””Thelma and Louise” and “My New Gun,” which depict women taking guns and the law into their own hands. Opening the Violent Femmes fest will be a one-week engagement of the Drew Barrymore starrer “Gun Crazy.” Also booked for the fest are director Terence Malick’s 1973 classic “Badlands,” Noel Black’s “Pretty Poison,” Martin Scorsese’s “Boxcar Bertha” and Abel Ferrara’s “Ms. 45.” The event will be capped by a lecture by “Illuminating Shadows: The Mythic Power of Film” author Geoffrey Hill at 1 p.m. on Jan. 30. For information, call (310) 478-6379.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut