A performance of “Stories of the Season” at 8 tonight at the Pacific Resident Theatre Ensemble benefits Equity Fights AIDS. The show,consisting of stories from around the world, continues through Dec. 30.Information: (213) 660-8587.
* * *Animination pioneer Walter Lantz will be on hand for character Chilly Willy’s 40th birthday party, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday at Name That Toon Gallery in West Hollywood. Attendees are asked to bring a gift fitting for toddler to teen. Event benefits Free Arts for Abused Children. Information: (213) 653-5633.
* * *The first Great North American Short Film Festival Saturday through Dec. 14 opens the Fellini Theater at 6543 Santa Monica Blvd. Films will include Steve Buscemi’s “What Happened to Pete,” Bruno de Almeida’s “The Debt,” Charles Zigman’s “Heavy Put-Away” and Bart Mallard’s “Burn Heads.” Sponsors are Ametron, Budget Films and Paramount Pictures. Information: (213) 669-1625.
* * *A Humanitas master writers workshop featuring Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick Saturday is open to Writers Guild members. Event, focusing on human values in entertainment writing, is 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at 10750 Ohio Ave., Westwood. Information: (310) 454-8769.
* * *A special performance of “Lisa Duke: Lost & Found” for the USC Cinema/Television Alumni Assn. will be held at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Hollywood Comedy Store. Information: (213) 466-8509.
* * *The United Cerebral Palsy Assn. “Star-athon ’94” telethon will air on 70 U.S. stations Jan. 22-23. The 21-hour event will emanate from H’wood (hosts John Ritter, Henry Winkler, Sherman Hemsley, Downtown Julie Brown and Nancy Dussault) and New York (Dennis James, Florence Henderson) with segments from Disneyland and Disney World.