To celebrate its 60th anni in Hollywood, the American Cinematheque is presenting “Set-Up in Paradise City: A Tribute to Robert Wise In-Person,” from June 11-13.From the brutality of “The Set-Up” to the horror of “The Haunting,” Wise has made his mark on many genres. His films have earned a total of 67 Oscar nominations and won 19 Academy Awards. He won four himself including statuettes for “West Side Story” and “The Sound of Music.” The series kicks off June 11 at 7 p.m. with a screening of “The Haunting” ( 1963) followed by “The Set-Up” at 9:30 at the Director’s Guild of America. Saturday morning the DGA hosts “A Morning With Robert Wise,” a sesh that includes a conversation by Wise and clips of his films. For details about the weekend sesh programming, call 213-466-FILM.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut