Ted Hulse, a 40-year industry veteran who ran Triumph Releasing Corp.’s Columbia TriStar Films of Canada branch for 11 years, has retired, the company announced Wednesday.Hulse had been responsible for placing Sony Pictures product on the major Canadian circuits, and reported to Columbia and TriStar distribution presidents Jeff Blake and Bill Soady, as well as Triumph’s VP/general sales manager Dan Marks. “Ted worked extremely hard and well for us these past 11 years,” said Triumph prexy David Saunders. “He truly became a legend in the business, and we’ll miss his insight and energy greatly.” Before joining Triumph in 1982, Hulse spent 30 years with the 20th Century Fox Film Corp. as a projectionist and revisor, working his way through the ranks to Canadian sales manager. A replacement will be named shortly.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut