The American Film Marketing Assn., attempting to expand international awareness of its members, will hold a regional market in June in Buenos Aires.AFMA exec veep Tim Kittleson told Daily Variety that 25 member companies already expressed interest in attending the mini-market. Deal is that each member will pay $ 7,500 in return for a business-class ticket, hotel accommodations and an office in the hotel where the market will be held. Kittleson expects to fly to Buenos Aires in about 10 days to check hotels and firm arrangements. The AFMA hosted a similar market last June in Singapore. At that time, Kittelson said, about 20% of local distribs attending had no contact with AFMA members.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut