The 13th annual American Film Market officially kicks off its nine-day run today and if AFM estimates are accurate, some 10,000 will descend on Santa Monica and spend more than $ 1 million a day.The market and the eighth annual Location Expo, which begins Saturday, are held at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel, which will provide a home base to participants from 58 countries. One hundred fifty-four films that have never before unspooled at any international market will screen in 22 cinemas at the Third Street Mall and in the Laemmle Theatres on Second Street. Hundreds of pix will be screened by a record 249 companies in the 350 Loews rooms/offices. Location Expo (see story, page 10) will host a record 190 film commissions from 19 countries, including first-time participants from Poland and Russia.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut